Saturday, January 02, 2010

Indar

"When we land at a place like London Airpot we are concerned only not to appear foolish. It is more beautiful and more complex than anything we could have dreamed of, but we are concerned only not to appear foolish. We might even pretend that we had expected better. That is the nature of our stupidity and incompetence. And that was how I spent my time at the university in England, not being overawed, always being slightly disappointed, understanding nothing, accepting everything, getting nothing. I saw and understood so little that even at the end of my time at the university, I could distinguish buildings only by their size, and I was hardly aware of the passing of the seasons. And yet I was an intelligent man, and could cram for examinations."

No comments: