Monday, December 31, 2007

endorsement: jenngomez.blogspot.com

Yesterday, we met up with my sister early in the morining at Frankfurt Airport, which we came to know well, and drove to Munich later in the day.

Frankfurt was delicious, and much more endearing than I expected. Perhaps I'm just a closet europhile coming out, but thus far, the best part of the trip for me has been merely marveling at Europe's surface: trains, fashion, cured meats, etc. I had cream of goose soup my first night in Frankfurt, and in the south-of-the-river oldtownish area of Frankfurt, we ate the best pizza since the pizza I had in Paris sophomore year of high school. We came back that night and I had grunkohl (steamed kale) and very German sausage. Those were the events in Frankfurt.

After we got to our hotel in Munich, I took my sister out for dinner and her first (official) drink. She bought a Cosmo and tried my beer (white, delicious). To my surprise, she did not dislike the beer. She is taking drink suggestions for the rest of the trip.

Traveling with my family has been much harder than I expected. Speaking English is humiliating. It turns out I am:
1) not as saavy a traveller as I thought
2) full of a labyrinthine and despotic expectations
3a) obsessed with image
3b) implacably selfish.

Hopefully, we'll find some wireless soon and we can upload some pictures. My sister is much better at that sort of thing than me. Cheers.

No comments: